Here's what I wrote at the time, followed by updates on each project.
- Crown of Druthal (Book 1 of Crown of Druthal series):Finished third draft, though aspects of it need rewriting. (APRIL UPDATE: Still on Third Draft, I haven't really made any changes on this book. However, I am now more aware that the whole thing needs serious rewriting. As of right now, it's a little too light on plot, and too much meandering. Also, I think there's a lot more going on in my head then ends up on the page, as it were. Part of the problem is the plot is determined by the geography, making the whole thing far too much of a travelogue. Stuff happens to the characters, instead of them taking action. At least for a lot of it. But I have to admit, reworking this one is not my priority right now.)
- Thorn of Dentonhill (Book 1 of Veranix series): Finished third draft. Currently shopping to agents. (APRIL UPDATE: Now I have a fourth draft, which is currently in an specific agent's hands exclusively. If that agent passes, then I'll start a blitz of querying with this draft, which has a significantly different word count from the third draft.)
- The Fire Gig (Book 1 of Holver Alley Crew series): Rough draft 95% done. Anticipate finishing by next week. (APRIL UPDATE: First draft done, working on second draft. I've outlined points of expansion and plot-points that need cleaning up, most notably a big POV cheat that needs to be fixed. I've figured out how to fix that and make the whole conclusion work smoother, I just haven't gotten it written yet.)
- From Star to Star (Book 1 of USS Banshee series): Awful, unoutlined, half-finished draft tossed. New outline written. (APRIL UPDATE: Started a new draft, which I like a lot better, but aspects still aren't coming together. Done more worldbuilding in an effort to figure things out, and it's coming clearer. Plus I'm talking with someone about making this project into a more collaborative effort-- an idea I've always thought about for this "universe".)
- Between Them and Harm (Book 1 of Vanguard series):Full outline written. (APRIL UPDATE: I've hashed out a bit more of outline details, but no major change on this one.)
- The Mage Murders (Book 1 of Maradaine Constabulary series): Full outline written. (APRIL UPDATE: Rough draft about 40-50% done. I'm generally pleased with how it's going. Hope to push the momentum and finish the rough draft by the end of May.)
So that's where I am right now. Plus I'm working on a short story for an anthology. That and Mage Murders are the two things taking the brunt of my focus currently. Once I get those out of my system (hopefully end of May), then I'll finish the 2nd Draft of Holver Alley Crew.
Post a Comment