I did accomplish a lot of things in 2011, but on some level I always feel like I could have done more. So here are my Unrealistic Goals for 2012:
1. Get a book deal for Thorn of Dentonhill. On some level, this is out of my hands. I would really like to say 2012 is going to be my year for this to happen. But the industry moves slow, and I need to be patient. But fingers crossed.
2. Finalize Holver Alley Crew, make that book deal as well. Because we should either go big or go home, right?
3. Final draft of Maradaine Constabulary. Have Mike approve that and start selling it. If we can get the hat trick with the book deals, all the better. But that might be pushing, even in the dreams department.
4. Finish Rough draft of Way of the Shield. Because I need to have the new project working as well. Move or die, just like a shark. And with that, I’ll finish all four planned Heroes of Maradaine first books.
5. Finish worldbuild and outline for Banshee and Starcrossed. Knocking out a first draft wouldn’t suck, either.
6. Outline/Worldbuild for one or more of the unnamed YA/Heroine/Steampunk projects. Because I’ve got stuff rattling around in my skull that wants to get out.
In addition, I’ll be attending Boskone (just as an attendee, not as programming) and ArmadilloCon 34, including the Writers’ Workshop. And there will probably be a few short plays written in that time as well.
So, that should keep me plenty bust for the next twelve months.