- "Jump the Black" was published in Rayguns Over Texas.
- With the sale of "Jump the Black", I'm eligible for the Campbell. And, you know, nominations for that end today. In case you were curious.
- I finished the long-suffering Way of the Shield, a book that just tasked me for the longest time before I figured out how to crack it.
- I attended my first WorldCon.
- I finally started properly writing Banshee, having now put in 70,000 words in it. The idea of Banshee had been bouncing around in my head for YEARS, so getting real traction on it was quite a victory.
- I SOLD TWO BOOKS TO DAW: Thorn of Dentonhill and A Murder of Mages. Yeah, this was definitely the highlight of the year.
- Got underway on Thorn II so there is minimal turnaround between those two books coming out and the next ones. And now I'm halfway done.
It's definitely the year in which I've transitioned from how I feel about writing, from being someone who took writing seriously, devoting much of my energy and time to it, to being a professional writer.
It's been a good year for me, and I'm looking forward to the next one. More writing, ArmadilloCon Writers' Workshop, and Thorn and Murder coming out. And who knows what else.