- Fr2000T The Still Changing Definition of Urban Fantasy
- Fri 8:00 PM-9:00 PM Trinity
- A. Bishop, J. Blaschke, C. Neill, N. Holzner*, S. Leicht, A. Marmell
- This subgenre label has been around for decades -- but would War for the Oaks or other classic works even fit in today's category? What does it mean, and what does it include and exclude? How is it changing, and how is it likely to change in the future?
- Fr2200T Writing a Strong Female Protagonist
- Fri 10:00 PM-11:00 PM Trinity
- M. Bracken, R. Frater, K. Kimbriel, J. Moyer, C. Neill, P. Sarath*
- The challenges of writing a tough-yet-relatable heroine.
- Sa1000SB Story Ideas I Hope to Never See Again
- Sat 10:00 AM-11:00 AM Sabine
- M. Bey*, M. Dimond, B. Hale, A. Marmell
- Been there, read that, don't want another t-shirt
- Sa1600SB Learning from Others' Mistakes: Writing Errors to Avoid
- Sat 4:00 PM-5:00 PM Sabine
- J. Blaschke*, J. Cheney, U. Fung, S. Lynch, J. Moyer, W. Spencer
- You don't have to make every writing error personally. How do you use others' failures as a way to improve your own work?
- Sa1700SB Building a Fictional Society from the Ground Up
- Sat 5:00 PM-6:00 PM Sabine
- A. Bishop, A. Downum, A. Goldsmith, J. Mandala, J. Reisman*, M. Wells
- A discussion of worldbuilding in sf/f.
- Sa2000SB Tips and Tricks to Write More Gooder
- Sat 8:00 PM-9:00 PM Sabine
- S. Brust*, A. Downum, G. Faust, S. Lynch, C. Richerson, S. White
- The craft and process of writing, and how to bring out your best.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Scrambling Together on my End
ArmadilloCon starts tomorrow, so I'm under the hammer getting myself ready. So, since my brain is already approaching a tapioca-like state, here are some of the other panels which I think might be fun to attend, not including readings. More coherent blog posts next week.
Posted by Marshall Ryan Maresca at 6:46 AM
Labels: ArmadilloCon, conventions
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment